trading Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun buying or selling securities or commodities
verb engage in the trade of
- he is merchandising telephone sets
verb turn in as payment or part payment for a purchase
trade in; trade.
- trade in an old car for a new one
verb be traded at a certain price or under certain conditions
- The stock traded around $20 a share
verb exchange or give (something) in exchange for
switch; swop; swap; trade.
verb do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood
sell; deal; trade.
- She deals in gold
- The brothers sell shoes
- Carrying on trade or commerce; engaged in trade; as, a trading company.
- Frequented by traders. R. "They on the trading flood."
- Venal; corrupt; jobbing; as, a trading politician.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters