together Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective satellite mentally and emotionally stable
adverb in contact with each other or in proximity
- the leaves stuck together
adverb assembled in one place
- we were gathered together
adverb in each other's company
- we went to the movies together
- the family that prays together stays together
adverb at the same time
adverb with cooperation and interchange
- we worked together on the project
adverb with a common plan
, AS. togædere
to + gador
together. *29. See To
, and Gather
- In company or association with respect to place or time; as, to live together in one house; to live together in the same age; they walked together to the town.
Soldiers can never stand idle long together.
- In or into union; into junction; as, to sew, knit, or fasten two things together; to mix things together.
The king joined humanity and policy together.
- In concert; with mutual coöperation; as, the allies made war upon France together.
Take the bad together with the good.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters