textile Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers
cloth; material; fabric.
- the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent
- woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC
- she measured off enough material for a dress
adjective of or relating to fabrics or fabric making
, fr. texere
to weave: cf. F. textile
. See Text
- Pertaining to weaving or to woven fabrics; as, textile arts; woven, capable of being woven; formed by weaving; as, textile fabrics.
- That which is, or may be, woven; a fabric made by weaving.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters