tensile Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective of or relating to tension
- tensile stress
- tensile pull
adjective satellite capable of being shaped or bent or drawn out
ductile; pliable; malleable; pliant; tractile.
- ductile copper
- malleable metals such as gold
- they soaked the leather to made it pliable
- pliant molten glass
- made of highly tensile steel alloy
- Of or pertaining to extension; as, tensile strength.
- Capable of extension; ductile; tensible.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters