noun a small amount (especially of food or wine)
noun a kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds
noun taking a small amount into the mouth to test its quality
degustation; savoring; relishing; savouring.
- cooking was fine but it was the savoring that he enjoyed most
verb have flavor; taste of something
taste; savor; savour.
verb perceive by the sense of taste
- Can you taste the garlic?
verb take a sample of
sample; try; taste; try out.
- Try these new crackers
- Sample the regional dishes
verb have a distinctive or characteristic taste
verb distinguish flavors
- We tasted wines last night
verb experience briefly
- The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before she died
- The act of perceiving or tasting by the organs of taste; the faculty or sense by which we perceive or distinguish savors.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!