tab Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun the bill in a restaurant
- he asked the waiter for the check
noun sensationalist journalism
tabloid; yellow journalism.
noun the key on a typewriter or a word processor that causes a tabulation
noun a short strip of material attached to or projecting from something in order to facilitate opening or identifying or handling it
- pull the tab to open the can
- files with a red tab will be stored separately
- the collar has a tab with a button hole
- the filing cards were organized by cards having indexed tabs
noun a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
lozenge; pill; tablet.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income