surely Meaning, Definition & Usage
adverb definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely')
certainly; sure; sure enough; sure as shooting; for certain; for sure.
- the results are surely encouraging
- she certainly is a hard worker
- it's going to be a good day for sure
- they are coming, for certain
- they thought he had been killed sure enough
- he'll win sure as shooting
- they sure smell good
- sure he'll come
- In a sure or certain manner; certainly; infallibly; undoubtedly; assuredly.
In the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Gen. ii. 17.
He that created something out of nothing, surely can raise great things out of small.
- Without danger; firmly; steadly; securely.
He that walketh uprightly walketh surely.
Prov. x. 9.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters