sporting Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner
sport; feature; boast.
- she was sporting a new hat
verb play boisterously
disport; rollick; cavort; romp; run around; skylark; sport; frisk; lark; lark about; frolic; gambol.
- The children frolicked in the garden
- the gamboling lambs in the meadows
- The toddlers romped in the playroom
adjective satellite exhibiting or calling for sportsmanship or fair play
sporty; clean; sportsmanlike.
- a clean fight
- a sporting solution of the disagreement
- sportsmanlike conduct
adjective relating to or used in sports
- sporting events
- sporting equipment
adjective satellite involving risk or willingness to take a risk
- a sporting chance
- sporting blood
adjective satellite preoccupied with the pursuit of pleasure and especially games of chance
dissipated; betting; card-playing.
- led a dissipated life
- a betting man
- a card-playing son of a bitch
- a gambling fool
- sporting gents and their ladies
- Of pertaining to, or engaging in, sport or sporrts; exhibiting the character or conduct of one who, or that which, sports.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters