verb infuse with spirit
spirit up; spirit; inspirit.
- The company spirited him up
adjective displaying animation, vigor, or liveliness
adjective satellite marked by lively action
bouncing; bouncy; peppy; zippy.
- a bouncing gait
- bouncy tunes
- the peppy and interesting talk
- a spirited dance
adjective satellite willing to face danger
gritty; spunky; mettlesome; gamy; game; gamey.
adjective satellite made lively or spirited
- a meal enlivened by the music
- a spirited debate
- Animated or possessed by a spirit. Obs. "So talked the spirited, sly snake."
- Animated; full of life or vigor; lively; full of spirit or fire; as, a spirited oration; a spirited answer.
✍ Spirited is much used in composition; as in high-spirited, low-spirited, mean-spirited, etc.
Syn. -- Lively; vivacious; animated; ardent; active; bold; courageous.
-- Spir"it*ed*ly, adv. -- Spir"it*ed*ness, n.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!