specialized Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb become more focus on an area of activity or field of study
specialise; narrow down; specialize; narrow.
- She specializes in Near Eastern history
verb be specific about
particularize; specialise; particularise; specify; specialize.
- Could you please specify your criticism of my paper?
verb suit to a special purpose
- specialize one's research
- this kind of beak has become specialized in certain Galapagos finches
verb devote oneself to a special area of work
- She specializes in honey bees
- This baker specializes in French bread
verb evolve so as to lead to a new species or develop in a way most suited to the environment
specialise; specialize; differentiate; speciate.
adjective developed or designed for a special activity or function
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters