solely Meaning, Definition & Usage
adverb without any others being included or involved
alone; entirely; only; exclusively.
- was entirely to blame
- a school devoted entirely to the needs of problem children
- he works for Mr. Smith exclusively
- did it solely for money
- the burden of proof rests on the prosecution alone
- a privilege granted only to him
- Singly; alone; only; without another; as, to rest a cause solely one argument; to rely solelyn one's own strength.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters