socialize Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb take part in social activities; interact with others
- He never socializes with his colleagues
- The old man hates to socialize
verb train for a social environment
- The children must be properly socialized
verb prepare for social life
- Children have to be socialized in school
verb make conform to socialist ideas and philosophies
- Health care should be socialized!
So"cial*ize transitive verb
To render social.
To subject to, or regulate by, socialism.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
McGraw-Hill Handbook of English Grammar and Usage, 2nd Edition Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race The Little Seagull Handbook with Exercises (Third Edition) The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing