noun a texture without roughness; smooth to the touch
- admiring the slim smoothness of her thighs
- some artists prefer the smoothness of a board
noun powerful and effective language
- his eloquence attracted a large congregation
- fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- his oily smoothness concealed his guilt from the police
noun the quality of being bland and gracious or ingratiating in manner
suavity; blandness; suaveness.
noun the quality of having a level and even surface
- the water was a glassy smoothness
- the weather system of the Pacific is determined by the uninterrupted smoothness of the ocean
noun the quality of being free from errors or interruptions
- the five-speed manual gearbox is smoothness personified
- Quality or state of being smooth.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!