sleepy Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective satellite ready to fall asleep
- beginning to feel sleepy
- a sleepy-eyed child with drooping eyelids
- sleepyheaded students
. See Sleep
comparative Sleepier ; superlative Sleepiest
- Drowsy; inclined to, or overcome by, sleep.
She waked her sleepy crew.
- Tending to induce sleep; soporiferous; somniferous; as, a sleepy drink or potion.
- Dull; lazy; heavy; sluggish.
'Tis not sleepy business;
But must be looked to speedily and strongly.
- Characterized by an absence of watchfulness; as, sleepy security.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters