significant Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective important in effect or meaning
- a significant change in tax laws
- a significant change in the Constitution
- a significant contribution
- significant details
- statistically significant
adjective satellite fairly large
- won by a substantial margin
adjective too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a systematic relation
- the interaction effect is significant at the .01 level
- no significant difference was found
adjective satellite rich in significance or implication
, p. pr. of significare
. See Signify
- Fitted or designed to signify or make known somethingl having a meaning; standing as a sign or token; expressive or suggestive; as, a significant word or sound; a significant look.
It was well said of Plotinus, that the stars were significant, but not efficient.
Sir W. Raleigh.
- Deserving to be considered; important; momentous; as, a significant event.
- That which has significance; a sign; a token; a symbol.
In dumb significants proclaim your thoughts.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters