sickening Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb cause aversion in; offend the moral sense of
nauseate; sicken; revolt; churn up; disgust.
- The pornographic pictures sickened us
verb get sick
sicken; come down.
- She fell sick last Friday, and now she is in the hospital
verb upset and make nauseated
nauseate; sicken; turn one's stomach.
- The smell of the food turned the pregnant woman's stomach
- The mold on the food sickened the diners
verb make sick or ill
- This kind of food sickens me
adjective satellite causing or able to cause nausea
queasy; vile; nauseous; offensive; loathsome; noisome; nauseating.
- a nauseating smell
- nauseous offal
- a sickening stench
- Causing sickness; specif., causing surfeit or disgust; nauseating. -- Sick"en*ing*ly, adv.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters