sent Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun 100 senti equal 1 kroon in Estonia
verb cause to go somewhere
- The explosion sent the car flying in the air
- She sent her children to camp
- He directed all his energies into his dissertation
verb to cause or order to be taken, directed, or transmitted to another place
send; send out.
- He had sent the dispatches downtown to the proper people and had slept
verb cause to be directed or transmitted to another place
mail; post; send.
- send me your latest results
- I'll mail you the paper when it's written
verb transport commercially
ship; send; transport.
verb assign to a station
post; station; place; send.
send off; get off; send.
- The spy sent the classified information off to Russia
verb cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution
commit; charge; send; institutionalize; institutionalise.
- After the second episode, she had to be committed
- he was committed to prison
verb broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
broadcast; beam; transmit; send; air.
- We cannot air this X-rated song
adjective caused or enabled to go or be conveyed or transmitted
Sent verb & noun
- See Scent, v. & n. Obs.
- obs. 3d pers. sing. pres. of Send, for sendeth.
- imp. & p. p. of Send.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters