noun the quality of being alike
- sameness of purpose kept them together
noun the quality of wearisome constancy, routine, and lack of variety
- he had never grown accustomed to the monotony of his work
- he was sick of the humdrum of his fellow prisoners
- he hated the sameness of the food the college served
- The state of being the same, identity; abscence of difference; near resemblance; correspondence; similarity; as, a sameness of person, of manner, of sound, of appearance, and the like. "A sameness of the terms."
- Hence, want of variety; tedious monotony.
Syn. -- Identity; identicalness; oneness.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!