relinquishing Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun a verbal act of renouncing a claim or right or position etc.
noun the act of giving up and abandoning a struggle or task etc.
verb part with a possession or right
release; relinquish; give up; free; resign.
- I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest
- resign a claim to the throne
verb do without or cease to hold or adhere to
relinquish; foreswear; forego; waive; forgo; dispense with.
- We are dispensing with formalities
- relinquish the old ideas
verb turn away from; give up
relinquish; foreswear; quit; renounce.
- I am foreswearing women forever
verb release, as from one's grip
release; relinquish; let go; let go of.
- Let go of the door handle, please!
- relinquish your grip on the rope--you won't fall
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters