adverb to a moderately sufficient extent or degree
fairly; pretty; passably; moderately; jolly; middling; somewhat.
- pretty big
- pretty bad
- jolly decent of him
- the shoes are priced reasonably
- he is fairly clever with computers
adverb with good sense or in a reasonable or intelligent manner
- he acted sensibly in the crisis
- speak more sanely about these affairs
- acted quite reasonably
- In a reasonable manner.
- Moderately; tolerably. "Reasonably perfect in the language."
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!