rationalise Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb structure and run according to rational or scientific principles in order to achieve desired results
- We rationalized the factory's production and raised profits
verb defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning
rationalize; apologise; excuse; apologize; justify.
- rationalize the child's seemingly crazy behavior
- he rationalized his lack of success
verb think rationally; employ logic or reason
- When one wonders why one is doing certain things, one should rationalize
verb remove irrational quantities from
- This function can be rationalized
verb weed out unwanted or unnecessary things
cut; prune; rationalize.
- We had to lose weight, so we cut the sugar from our diet