noun a person who is being chased
- the film jumped back and forth from the pursuer to the pursued
verb carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in
pursue; prosecute; engage.
- She pursued many activities
- They engaged in a discussion
verb follow in or as if in pursuit
- The police car pursued the suspected attacker
- Her bad deed followed her and haunted her dreams all her life
verb go in search of or hunt for
pursue; go after; quest after; quest for.
verb carry further or advance
pursue; act on; follow up on.
- Can you act on this matter soon?
adjective followed with enmity as if to harm
- running and leaping like a herd of pursued antelopes
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!