verb extend out or project in space
project; protrude; jut out; stick out; jut.
- His sharp nose jutted out
- A single rock sticks out from the cliff
verb bulge outward
bulge; bug out; pop; come out; start; pop out; protrude; bulge out.
verb swell or protrude outwards
bulge; protrude; pouch.
- His stomach bulged after the huge meal
adjective satellite extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary
sticking; jutting; relieved; sticking out; projected; projecting.
- the jutting limb of a tree
- massive projected buttresses
- his protruding ribs
- a pile of boards sticking over the end of his truck
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!