verb declare formally; declare someone to be something; of titles
verb state or announce
exclaim; promulgate; proclaim.
- `I am not a Communist,' he exclaimed
- The King will proclaim an amnesty
verb affirm or declare as an attribute or quality of
- The speech predicated the fitness of the candidate to be President
verb praise, glorify, or honor
exalt; glorify; extol; laud; proclaim.
- extol the virtues of one's children
- glorify one's spouse's cooking
adjective satellite declared publicly; made widely known
- their announced intentions
- the newspaper's proclaimed adherence to the government's policy
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!