noun the tenure of a president
presidential term; administration.
- things were quiet during the Eisenhower administration
noun the office and function of president
- Andrew Jackson expanded the power of the presidency beyond what was customary before his time
Cf. F. présidence
- The function or condition of one who presides; superintendence; control and care.
- The office of president; as, Washington was elected to the presidency.
- The term during which a president holds his office; as, during the presidency of Madison.
- One of the three great divisions of British India, the Bengal, Madras, and Bombay Presidencies, each of which had a council of which its governor was president.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!