verb be later in time
- Tuesday always follows Monday
verb establish something as being later relative to something else
Post"date` transitive verb
imperfect & past participle Postdated; present participle & verbal noun Postdating
- To date after the real time; as, to postdate a contract, that is, to date it later than the time when it was in fact made.
- To affix a date to after the event.
- Made or done after the date assigned.
Of these [predictions] some were postdate; cunningly made after the thing came to pass.
- A date put to a bill of exchange or other paper, later than that when it was actually made.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!