observed Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
notice; observe; detect; find; discover.
- She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water
- We found traces of lead in the paint
verb make mention of
note; mention; remark; observe.
- She observed that his presentation took up too much time
- They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing
verb observe with care or pay close attention to
note; take note; observe.
- Take note of this chemical reaction
verb watch attentively
- Please observe the reaction of these two chemicals
verb show respect towards
respect; abide by; observe; honor; honour.
verb behave as expected during of holidays or rites
observe; celebrate; keep.
- Keep the commandments
- celebrate Christmas
- Observe Yom Kippur
verb follow with the eyes or the mind
watch over; follow; observe; watch; keep an eye on.
- Keep an eye on the baby, please!
- The world is watching Sarajevo
- She followed the men with the binoculars
verb stick to correctly or closely
observe; maintain; keep.
- The pianist kept time with the metronome
- keep count
- I cannot keep track of all my employees
verb conform one's action or practice to
- keep appointments
- she never keeps her promises
- We kept to the original conditions of the contract
adjective satellite discovered or determined by scientific observation
- variation in the ascertained flux depends on a number of factors
- the discovered behavior norms
- discovered differences in achievement
- no explanation for the observed phenomena
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters