verb make mention of
note; mention; remark; observe.
- She observed that his presentation took up too much time
- They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing
verb notice or perceive
note; notice; mark.
- She noted that someone was following her
- mark my words
verb observe with care or pay close attention to
note; take note; observe.
- Take note of this chemical reaction
verb make a written note of
note; take down.
- she noted everything the teacher said that morning
adjective satellite widely known and esteemed
renowned; illustrious; famed; celebrated; notable; famous; far-famed.
- a famous actor
- a celebrated musician
- a famed scientist
- an illustrious judge
- a notable historian
- a renowned painter
adjective satellite worthy of notice or attention
- a noted increase in the crime rate
- Well known by reputation or report; eminent; celebrated; as, a noted author, or traveler. -- Not"ed*ly, adv. -- Not"ed*ness, n.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!