network Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun an interconnected system of things or people
- he owned a network of shops
- retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life
- tangled in a web of cloth
noun (broadcasting) a communication system consisting of a group of broadcasting stations that all transmit the same programs
- the networks compete to broadcast important sports events
noun an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
meshwork; net; mesh; meshing.
noun a system of intersecting lines or channels
- a railroad network
- a network of canals
noun (electronics) a system of interconnected electronic components or circuits
verb communicate with and within a group
- You have to network if you want to get a good job
- A fabric of threads, cords, or wires crossing each other at certain intervals, and knotted or secured at the crossings, thus leaving spaces or meshes between them.
- Any system of lines or channels interlacing or crossing like the fabric of a net; as, a network of veins; a network of railroads.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters