mistaken Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb identify incorrectly
- Don't mistake her for her twin sister
verb to make a mistake or be incorrect
slip; err; mistake.
adjective satellite wrong in e.g. opinion or judgment
- well-meaning but misguided teachers
- a mistaken belief
- mistaken identity
adjective satellite arising from error
- a false assumption
- a mistaken view of the situation
Mis*tak"en participial adjective
- Being in error; judging wrongly; having a wrong opinion or a misconception; as, a mistaken man; he is mistaken.
- Erroneous; wrong; as, a mistaken notion.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters