noun the military forces of a nation
armed forces; armed services; military machine; war machine.
- their military is the largest in the region
- the military machine is the same one we faced in 1991 but now it is weaker
adjective of or relating to the study of the principles of warfare
adjective characteristic of or associated with soldiers or the military
adjective associated with or performed by members of the armed services as contrasted with civilians
, from miles
, soldier: cf. F. militaire
- Of or pertaining to soldiers, to arms, or to war; belonging to, engaged in, or appropriate to, the affairs of war; as, a military parade; military discipline; military bravery; military conduct; military renown.
Nor do I, as an enemy to peace,
Troop in the throngs of military men.
- Performed or made by soldiers; as, a military election; a military expedition.
Cf. F. militaire
- The whole body of soldiers; soldiery; militia; troops; the army.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!