adjective involving the mind or an intellectual process
- mental images of happy times
- mental calculations
- in a terrible mental state
- mental suffering
- free from mental defects
adjective of or relating to the mind
- mental powers
- mental development
- mental hygiene
adjective of or relating to the chin- or liplike structure in insects and certain mollusks
adjective of or relating to the chin or median part of the lower jaw
adjective satellite affected by a disorder of the mind
- a mental patient
- mental illness
- (Anat.) Of or pertaining to the chin; genian; as, the mental nerve; the mental region.
- (Zoöl.) A plate or scale covering the mentum or chin of a fish or reptile.
F., fr. L. mentalis
, fr. mens
, the mind; akin to E. mind
. See Mind
- Of or pertaining to the mind; intellectual; as, mental faculties; mental operations, conditions, or exercise.
What a mental power
This eye shoots forth!
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!