irrupted Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb enter uninvited
- They intruded on our dinner party
- She irrupted into our sitting room
verb erupt or intensify suddenly
flare; break open; erupt; flare up; burst out; irrupt.
- Unrest erupted in the country
- Tempers flared at the meeting
- The crowd irrupted into a burst of patriotism
verb increase rapidly and in an uncontrolled manner
- The population of India is exploding
- The island's rodent population irrupted
Broken with violence.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
Rise of the Rocket Girls: The Women Who Propelled Us, from Missiles to the Moon to Mars ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition