adjective satellite constituting the undiminished entirety; lacking nothing essential especially not damaged
- a local motion keepeth bodies integral"- Bacon
- was able to keep the collection entire during his lifetime
- fought to keep the union intact
adjective satellite (of a woman) having the hymen unbroken
adjective satellite (used of domestic animals) sexually competent
adjective satellite undamaged in any way
- the vase remained intact despit rough handling
; pref. in-
not + tactus
, p. p. of tangere
to touch: cf. F. intact
. See In-
not, and Tact
- Untouched, especially by anything that harms, defiles, or the like; uninjured; undefiled; left complete or entire.
When all external differences have passed away, one element remains intact, unchanged, -- the everlasting basis of our common nature, the human soul.
F. W. Robertson.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!