noun something that serves to indicate or suggest
- an indication of foul play
- indications of strain
- symptoms are the prime indicants of disease
noun the act of indicating or pointing out by name
noun (medicine) a reason to prescribe a drug or perform a procedure
- the presence of bacterial infection was an indication for the use of antibiotics
noun something (as a course of action) that is indicated as expedient or necessary
- there were indications that it was time to leave
noun a datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument
reading; meter reading.
- he could not believe the meter reading
- the barometer gave clear indications of an approaching storm
: cf. F. indication
- Act of pointing out or indicating.
- That which serves to indicate or point out; mark; token; sign; symptom; evidence.
The frequent stops they make in the most convenient places are plain indications of their weariness.
- Discovery made; information.
- Explanation; display. Obs.
- (Med.) Any symptom or occurrence in a disease, which serves to direct to suitable remedies.
Syn. -- Proof; demonstration; sign; token; mark; evidence; signal.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!