hellish Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective satellite very unpleasant
- hellish weather
- stop that god-awful racket
adjective satellite extremely evil or cruel; expressive of cruelty or befitting hell
satanic; fiendish; infernal; demonic; unholy; diabolical; diabolic.
- something demonic in him--something that could be cruel
- fires lit up a diabolic scene
- diabolical sorcerers under the influence of devils
- a fiendish despot
- hellish torture
- infernal instruments of war
- satanic cruelty
- unholy grimaces
- Of or pertaining to hell; like hell; infernal; malignant; wicked; detestable; diabolical. "Hellish hate." Milton. -- Hell"ish*ly, adv. -- Hell"ish*ness, n.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters