adjective satellite marked by the exercise of good judgment or common sense in practical matters
- judicious use of one's money
- a wise decision
adjective satellite extremely exciting as if by alcohol or a narcotic
adjective satellite marked by defiant disregard for danger or consequences
foolhardy; rash; reckless.
- foolhardy enough to try to seize the gun from the hijacker
- became the fiercest and most reckless of partisans"-Macaulay
- a reckless driver
- a rash attempt to climb Mount Everest
- Willful; rash; precipitate; hurried on by will or passion; ungovernable.
All the talent required is to be hot, to be heady, -- to be violent on one side or the other.
Sir W. Temple.
- Apt to affect the head; intoxicating; strong.
The liquor is too heady.
- Violent; impetuous. "A heady currance."
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!