happily Meaning, Definition & Usage
adverb in a joyous manner
blithely; merrily; gayly; mirthfully; jubilantly.
adverb in an unexpectedly lucky way
- happily he was not injured
- By chance; peradventure; haply. Obs.
- By good fortune; fortunately; luckily.
Preferred by conquest, happily o'erthrown.
- In a happy manner or state; in happy circumstances; as, he lived happily with his wife.
- With address or dexterity; gracefully; felicitously; in a manner to success; with success.
Formed by thy converse, happily to steer
From grave to gay, from lively to severe.
Syn. -- Fortunately; luckily; successfully; prosperously; contentedly; dexterously; felicitously.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters