verb to wind or move in a spiral course
- the muscles and nerves of his fine drawn body were coiling for action
- black smoke coiling up into the sky
- the young people gyrated on the dance floor
verb revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis
reel; whirl; spin; spin around.
- The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy
made in a circular form, p. p. of gyrare
- Winding or coiled round; curved into a circle; taking a circular course.
Gy"rate intransitive verb
, p. p. of gyrare
. See Gyre
imperfect & past participle Gyrated ; present participle & verbal noun Gyrating
- To revolve round a central point; to move spirally about an axis, as a tornado; to revolve.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!