verb go or live through
- We had many trials to go through
- he saw action in Viet Nam
verb apply thoroughly; think through
work through; run through.
- We worked through an example
verb go across or through
go across; pass.
- We passed the point where the police car had parked
- A terrible thought went through his mind
verb eat immoderately
down; devour; consume.
- Some people can down a pound of meat in the course of one meal
verb pursue to a conclusion or bring to a successful issue
follow up; follow through; carry out; follow out; put through; implement.
- Did he go through with the treatment?
- He implemented a new economic plan
- She followed up his recommendations with a written proposal
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!