verb make a gift of
- She gave away her antique furniture
verb make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
disclose; reveal; unwrap; bring out; expose; let on; discover; divulge; break; let out.
- The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold
- The actress won't reveal how old she is
- bring out the truth
- he broke the news to her
- unwrap the evidence in the murder case
verb formally hand over to the bridegroom in marriage; of a bride by her father
verb give away information about somebody
shop; denounce; tell on; stag; rat; betray; snitch; grass; shit.
- He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!