noun troops belonging to or allied with your own military forces
- friendlies came to their rescue
adjective characteristic of or befitting a friend
- friendly advice
- a friendly neighborhood
- the only friendly person here
- a friendly host and hostess
adjective satellite inclined to help or support; not antagonistic or hostile
- a government friendly to our interests
- an amicable agreement
adjective easy to understand or use
- user-friendly computers
- a consumer-friendly policy
- a reader-friendly novel
adjective of or belonging to your own country's forces or those of an ally
- in friendly territory
- he was accidentally killed by friendly fire
- Having the temper and disposition of a friend; disposed to promote the good of another; kind; favorable.
- Appropriate to, or implying, friendship; befitting friends; amicable.
In friendly relations with his moderate opponents.
- Not hostile; as, a friendly power or state.
- Promoting the good of any person; favorable; propitious; serviceable; as, a friendly breeze or gale.
On the first friendly bank he throws him down.
Syn. -- Amicable; kind; conciliatory; propitious; favorable. See Amicable.
- In the manner of friends; amicably; like friends. Obs.
In whom all graces that can perfect beauty
Are friendly met.
Beau. & Fl.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!