adjective satellite marked by the appetites and passions of the body
carnal; sensual; animal.
- animal instincts
- carnal knowledge
- fleshly desire
- a sensual delight in eating
- music is the only sensual pleasure without vice
- Of or pertaining to the flesh; corporeal. "Fleshly bondage."
- Animal; notvegetable.
- Human; not celestial; not spiritual or divine. "Fleshly wisdom."
2 Cor. i. 12.
Much ostentation vain of fleshly arm
And fragile arms.
- Carnal; wordly; lascivious.
Abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul.
1 Pet. ii. 11.
- In a fleshly manner; carnally; lasciviously. Obs.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!