fairly Meaning, Definition & Usage
adverb to a moderately sufficient extent or degree
pretty; passably; reasonably; moderately; jolly; middling; somewhat.
- pretty big
- pretty bad
- jolly decent of him
- the shoes are priced reasonably
- he is fairly clever with computers
adverb without favoring one party, in a fair evenhanded manner
- deal fairly with one another
adverb in conformity with the rules or laws and without fraud or cheating
- In a fairmanner; clearly; openly; plainly; fully; distinctly; frankly.
Even the nature of Mr. Dimmesdale's disease had never fairly been revealed to him.
- Favorably; auspiciously; commodiously; as, a town fairly situated for foreign traade.
- Honestly; properly.
Such means of comfort or even luxury, as lay fairly within their grasp.
- Softly; quietly; gently. Obs.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters