verb arouse or elicit a feeling
verb act as a stimulant
- The book stimulated her imagination
- This play stimulates
verb stir feelings in
stir; excite; stimulate.
- stimulate my appetite
- excite the audience
- stir emotions
verb cause to be agitated, excited, or roused
commove; turn on; excite; charge up; agitate; charge; rouse.
- The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks
verb stimulate sexually
turn on; arouse; excite; wind up; sex.
- This movie usually arouses the male audience
verb stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of
stir; shake up; excite; stimulate; shake.
- These stories shook the community
- the civil war shook the country
verb raise to a higher energy level
energise; excite; energize.
verb produce a magnetic field in
adjective creating or arousing excitement
- an exciting account of her trip
adjective satellite stimulating interest and discussion
- Calling or rousing into action; producing excitement; as, exciting events; an exciting story. -- Ex*cit"ing*ly, adv.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!