especially Meaning, Definition & Usage
adverb to a distinctly greater extent or degree than is common
peculiarly; particularly; specially.
- he was particularly fussy about spelling
- a particularly gruesome attack
- under peculiarly tragic circumstances
- an especially (or specially) cautious approach to the danger
adverb in a special manner
- a specially arranged dinner
In an especial manner; chiefly; particularly; peculiarly; in an uncommon degree.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race The Only Grammar Book You'll Ever Need: A One-Stop Source for Every Writing Assignment The Little Seagull Handbook with Exercises (Third Edition) The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living