equally Meaning, Definition & Usage
adverb to the same degree (often followed by `as')
every bit; as.
- they were equally beautiful
- birds were singing and the child sang as sweetly
- sang as sweetly as a nightingale
- he is every bit as mean as she is
adverb in equal amounts or shares; in a balanced or impartial way
- a class evenly divided between girls and boys
- they split their winnings equally
- deal equally with rich and poor
In an equal manner or degree in equal shares or proportion; with equal and impartial justice; without difference; alike; evenly; justly; as, equallytaxed, furnished, etc.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race