endless Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective satellite tiresomely long; seemingly without end
- endless debates
- an endless conversation
- the wait seemed eternal
- eternal quarreling
- an interminable sermon
adjective satellite infinitely great in number
adjective satellite having no known beginning and presumably no end
- the dateless rise and fall of the tides
- time is endless
- sempiternal truth
adjective satellite having the ends united so as to form a continuous whole
. See End
- Without end; having no end or conclusion; perpetual; interminable; -- applied to length, and to duration; as, an endless line; endless time; endless bliss; endless praise; endless clamor.
- Infinite; excessive; unlimited.
- Without profitable end; fruitless; unsatisfying. R. "All loves are endless."
Beau. & Fl.
- Void of design; objectless; as, an endless pursuit.
Syn. -- Eternal; everlasting; interminable; infinite; unlimited; incessant; perpetual; uninterrupted; continual; unceasing; unending; boundless; undying; imperishable.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters