adjective satellite half asleep
- made drowsy by the long ride
- it seemed a pity to disturb the drowsing (or dozing) professor
- a tired dozy child
- the nodding (or napping) grandmother in her rocking chair
adjective satellite showing lack of attention or boredom
comparative Drowsier ; superlative Drowsiest
- Inclined to drowse; heavy with sleepiness; lethargic; dozy. "When I am drowsy."
Dapples the drowsy east with spots of gray.
To our age's drowsy blood
Still shouts the inspiring sea.
- Disposing to sleep; lulling; soporific.
The drowsy hours, dispensers of all good.
- Dull; stupid. " Drowsy reasoning."
Syn. -- Sleepy; lethargic; dozy; somnolent; comatose; dull heavy; stupid.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!