adjective satellite giving offense to moral sensibilities and injurious to reputation
shocking; shameful; scandalous.
- scandalous behavior
- the wicked rascally shameful conduct of the bankrupt"- Thackeray
- the most shocking book of its time
adjective satellite (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame
opprobrious; ignominious; shameful; inglorious; black.
- Man...has written one of his blackest records as a destroyer on the oceanic islands"- Rachel Carson
- an ignominious retreat
- inglorious defeat
- an opprobrious monument to human greed
- a shameful display of cowardice
- Bringing disgrace; causing shame; shameful; dishonorable; unbecoming; as, profaneness is disgraceful to a man. -- Dis*grace"ful*fy, adv. -- Dis*grace"ful*ness, n.
The Senate have cast you forth disgracefully.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!